Friday, February 10, 2012

I almost just got into my first fight on public transportation.


I don’t know how I feel  at this moment. First off, this guy was drunk and saying some of the most stupid shit throughout the entire bus ride. So of course me and my friends had a good laugh the entire bus ride. After awhile, he started making these phone calls to different people saying how he feels as if people are talking about him, but he wasn’t sure since he was drunk, but if so, he was gonna “fuck them up”. I feel as if the phone calls were just a front because there were so many just so he could say the same statement. The sad part was the phone calls made us laugh even harder. The best laughs happen when you know you’re not supposed to. My friend moved up a seat, but I continued to sit in front of the guy. Part of me was really paranoid because I didn’t know if he was crazy, and if so, I kept imagining him stabbing me in the neck with a tooth pick. Finally he said a comment which wasn’t said to me but was obviously directed towards me, so my friend and I turned and looked directly at him. He said something to us, and I said something back to him, and then he finally got out of his seat and got way too close for personal. This definitely wasn’t unexpected. He was spitting with his nasty ass tongue ring. I honestly think if it would have hit me, I would of attacked him. Next thing I knew I was out of my seat and the the phrase “Nigga, if you don’t get out of my face” left my mouth. This was big because I’m usually a passive person, but I knew if I continued to sit, he would of thought I was a bitch and continued to try something. I wasn’t really scared of the man, he wasn’t really intimidating. We originally started laughing when he kept claiming he was from so and so plus he kept making these “phone calls” to prove his MANLINESS, so I pretty much got an idea of this man. I’m a 6”2 black guy, and I’m not saying that means anything (as I stated I’m usually very passive); it was just that I was the wrong one to mess with, well at least today I was. I honestly don’t know how it would of went. A fight was definitely going to occur, but the guy my friend is talking to along with his friend happened to be on the bus to break it up. I honestly haven’t gotten into a fight since high school started, and I definitely have never gotten into one on public transportation. The only thing I could think was ” Wait, if I’m about to fight this guy; what am I supposed to do with my bag. I never sit my bag down plus it has my somewhat new macbook pro in it.” I honestly don’t understand the logic in bus fights. And I can’t mention how bad I felt for letting the poor old lady next to me hear the language I used and get caught up in the middle of it. I know it’s kind of sad to say but I feel as if this was an accomplishment in my life. I actually stood up, and the idea of backing down never really occurred. I never address people on the shit they say about me. Honestly, it’s whatever to me, but I can see where this consisted mindset can lead to me being considered as a pushover. And I regret the fact that I didn’t fight the man because  I feel as if my new-found assertion waswaisted and since the fight didn’t occur, I’m so antsy and I guess all the adrenaline is still running through me. All I can say in the end is “Kudos to myself” and the usual: “You definitely meet some characters on the bus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment